When Are Cheap Dumpster Rentals Better Than Junk Removal?
Picking up trash is job we try to avoid, but it has to be done. If you are like most people, you will have to decide whether to choose a junk removal company or opt for a dumpster rental. Both of these options have their advantages and disadvantages. Cheap dumpster rentals have the advantage of being affordable. However, this option requires you to take part in cleaning the junk. But when are cheap dumpster rentals better than junk removal?
Junk removal services
Junk removal companies help with all forms of housework — from spring cleaning to renovations. They can do estate cleanouts, rubbish removal, and demolition or construction debris removal. By hiring a junk removal company, the company will bring in professionals who will take care of all the dirty work for you.
These companies are great for big and long-term projects such as demolition or construction projects, which tend to leave behind heaps of trash.
Choosing this option means you will have to fill in the provided containers on your own. Dumpsters are typically rented on a weekly basis. As such, these are the best to rent for a project that only lasts for a week or several days.
When are dumpster rentals a better option than hiring junk removal services?
- When you have a tight budget : Dumpster rentals can save you money. Since you will be cleaning on your own, you can rent a dumpster bin and fill it over time. This can save you the money you would have paid for junk removal services and if you’re not in a rush.
- You are working on small cleaning projects : People choose junk removal services because they are unable to haul out huge trash items by themselves. But, if you are working on small cleaning projects such as cleaning out the basement, opting for dumpster rental makes sense. If you can easily lift and carry trash out of your home, then you do not need a professional to help you.
- You have no clear plan: Junk removal services are effective if you have a good plan for cleaning out your home. A good plan ensures the professionals are able to remove the unwanted junk in a seamless manner. However, if you opt for dumpster rentals you can take your time to decide which items to clean out and which ones to leave intact. You do not need to be organized, as you still have at least a week of filling the dumpster bins.
- You have done it before : Ultimately, the choice between dumpster rental and junk removal comes down to your level of experience and comfort. If you know how to clean fast, then renting dumpsters will be the best choice for you.
- You are working on a renovation project : Simple home renovation projects rarely need the services of professional junk removers. Projects like hardwood flooring, drywall installation, and carpeting involve a manageable amount of construction debris. To get rid of it, you only need an on-site dumpster where you can easily deposit the dirt.
Some more factors to consider
There are many more factors to consider when deciding between dumpster rental and junk removal services. Here are some of them:
Size and type of material
Consider the size and type of waste you need to clear. These two factors are crucial since they can help you decide whether to choose junk removal services or dumpster rentals. It is not always advisable to rent a dumpster if you want to clear large or hazardous items. This task is best left to professionals who will handle it safely.
Almost all rental companies enforce weight restrictions on junk load. The restrictions are set according to dumping fees and local regulations. If your junk load surpasses the set weight restriction, there will be extra charges.
To avoid these charges, make sure you understand the weight restrictions set by the rental company. Discuss with the company the type of junk you are planning to clear from your home or business. They will be able to give you a rough estimate of how much the debris is likely to weigh after filling the dumpster bins. This will also allow you to budget accordingly.
Location affects pricing in different ways. The costs will vary widely depending on the available disposal facilities and the urban district.
Before renting a dumpster, ask the service about weight limits. This is crucial as some companies tend to add on extra fees for overfilled dumpsters. You also have the option of renting several dumpsters.
In the end, the choice between hiring a junk removal service and renting a dumpster will come down to what you want to clear out. It will also depend on how much time you are willing to put into the task and how fast you want it done.