Tips to Choose the Right Size of Dumpster
There are many good reasons to rent a dumpster, but unless you do it fairly often, you probably have no idea what size you need or how to figure it out. There are many different sizes available and they’re all priced accordingly.
Ideally, you will want to get one that is big enough to handle all your waste without having much space leftover. This will always be a somewhat rough guess – and it’s always a good idea to overestimate – but there are a few things you should know to help you choose the right bin size.
1. Know your options
Before you can make a decision, you will need to spend some time researching the options available in your area. Most roll-off bin companies have several sizes, and some of the most common ones include:
- 5 cubic yards: Great for very small projects like bathroom renovations or yard work, this size is the most affordable option available.
- 10 cubic yards: This size is perfect for renovation a small room of the house or more extensive yardwork projects.
- 15 cubic yards: This size is usually recommended for larger renovation projects or big moves.
- 20 cubic yards: This is the most popular size for tackling larger projects like deck removals, bedroom or kitchen remodels, large landscaping jobs, floor removals, and roofing projects.
- 30 cubic yards: Quite large, these bins are usually not required by homeowners and are more typically used for home additions or demolitions.
- 40 cubic yards: The largest size commonly available, these bins are used only for large scale demolition projects.
2. Consult contractors and your bin company
When in doubt, it’s always helpful to ask an expert. Contractors use disposal bins every day on the job and are likely to have a good idea of what size of bin will be needed for any particular project. Likewise, the rental bin company you choose will have plenty of experience helping customers choose the right size and can offer some great advice.
3. Consider the type(s) of waste
Finally, don’t forget to consider what kinds of waste your project will produce. Not all waste items are acceptable in rental bins, and you will have to spend some time sorting and organizing your waste depending on your project. Be sure to do some research about the proper disposal of construction materials and keep that in mind when choosing what size you will need!
For more information or to start your rental today, contact the team at Gorilla Bins!